LOW CARB SUGAR & SPICE COOKIES
As we enter into December - many of us might be thinking about special Christmas treats we enjoyed when we were younger! I personally can recall so many fun desserts we made with our Mother - from Shortbread to Sugar & Spice Cookies, Peanut Butter chocolate balls and many many more! We thought to start off this month we would add our Sugar & Spice Cookie recipe that has been modified to a more Lo-Carb and less sugar recipe, if you don't have the almond flour you can use the same amount of All Purpose flour or Gluten free flour blend! Hope you can try them and enjoy as much as we have!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 tsp almond butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, spices and baking soda, set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the butter, almond butter (if using) molasses, and coconut sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.Add the almond flour mixture and continue to beat until the dough comes together.
- Roll into 1inch balls and place a few inches apart on the baking sheet. Lightly press down a bit to encourage them to spread. Put them in the oven for 10 minutes or until just lightly browned. They will be soft in texture but firm.
- Remove and let cool completely on the pan. Enjoy!!