1/2 cup chopped garlic scapes 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese 1/3 cup lightly roasted pine nuts (or pumpkin seeds) 1/2 cup fresh basil, packed tightly - then roughly chopped juice of 1/2 lemon salt and pepper to taste 1/3 cup olive oil
Directions: 1. Add everything but the oil to the bowl of a food processor
2. Process until everything is finely chopped and almost a paste
3. Leave the processor running and pour in the oil in a fine stream
4. It will only take a moment or two for the mixture to emulsify - turn off processor
5. Cover and leave at room tempereature for an hour or so to develop flavors
6. Can be stored in the fridge for several days, or can be frozen
1 - 2 Bunches of radishes, trimmed 2 tablespoons oil 1- 2 tsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp ground thyme salt to taste 1/2 lemon, juiced
Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Cut radishes into halves; cut any large radishes into quarters. Stir oil and thyme together in a bowl and toss radishes in mixture to coat. Spread radishes on to baking sheet, sprinkle with salt.
3. Roast in the preheated oven until tender in the centers - (around 20 minutes). Once out of the oven drizzle with lemon juice and enjoy as a delicious side dish
GARLIC DILL NEW POTATOES
4-6 baby new potatoes 3 tablespoons butter, melted 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill 2 tsp. minced garlic 1/4 tsp. salt
Directions: 1. Place the potatoes in a pot with water half way up the potatoes. Cover, and cook the potatoes til tender but not mushy - 8-10 minutes. 2. In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, dill, garlic and salt. Transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl, and pour the seasoned butter over them. Toss gently until they are well coated.
BAKED CHEESY ZUCCHINI BITES Ingredients 1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini (no need to peel the zucchini) 1 large egg, lightly beaten 1/4 - 1/2 shredded sharp cheddar cheese 1/4 cup bread crumbs 1/4 tsp. dried basil (or 1-2 tsp fresh) 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, and salt. Add pepper to taste Directions: 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray or lightly grease an unlined baking sheet. 2. Place the shredded zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and wring out all the excess water over the sink until the zucchini is really dry. 3. Place the zucchini and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until combined. 4. Drop the mixture by tablespoons on the prepared baking sheet and lightly press the mounds with your hands to flatten slightly. 5. Bake for 16-20 minutes until the edges are golden. *Great served with ranch dressing for dipping.